Redesign your kitchen with replacement kitchen doors from DIY Homefit
This is the time of year when many of us plan changes to our homes. Summer is on its way and we want everything to be clean and fresh so that we can get outside and enjoy the sun without feeling guilty about all the things we should be doing around the house.
If you are currently thinking about a kitchen refurbishment but are short on time or money then one way to give your kitchen a quick boost is to install replacement kitchen doors. These can make a tremendous difference in your kitchen without all the expense and hassle of having your whole kitchen ripped apart. So if your kitchen cupboards are basically in pretty good condition, you can have them looking as good as new again with replacement kitchen doors.
At DIY Homefit we offer several ranges of replacement kitchen doors: Flat Slab, Vinyl Wrapped, and even our DIY Homefit Express range, which is fast tracked through the factory and can be with you within 3-6 working days! Why not take a browse through our gallery of kitchen pictures to get an idea of how spectacular these doors look, and how they can transform your kitchen.
One thing you will notice from the pictures is that some doors have handles and others do not. Handleless doors were very popular in the 1970’s and there has been a resurgence of interest in them in recent years. They are popular in contemporary kitchens and can help you to create a sleek minimalistic look.
So what are the pros and cons of handleless doors?
The advantages of handleless doors
- We have already mentioned the sleek finish, and this can give a distinctively stylish finish to your kitchen.
- Because they are a contemporary – often glossy – design, they are more likely to match your kitchen accessories.
- They can be safer than doors with handles, particularly if you have young children. There are no handles to pull open, or bump into, or catch yourself on.
The disadvantages of handleless doors
- Depending on the design, they can be tricky to clean. For example if they open via a crevice at the top, this can quickly become dusty and dirty.
- They can sometimes be more expensive than traditional doors due to the additional opening and closing mechanisms involved.
- Some people do find them more difficult to open because there will be a specific knack to each type of handleless door that may not be immediately obvious.
So lots of food for thought! But whatever your choice of replacement kitchen doors we can guarantee that the result will be just what your kitchen needs.
If you do decide to have handles on your doors then DIY Homefit can help with this too. You can further personalise your replacement kitchen doors from our incredible range of handles. Do not overlook the importance of handles as they can add the perfect finishing touch to the look that you want to achieve. Our door handles come in a variety of different shapes, sizes, colours, materials and styles. There will be one that is just right for you!
Enjoy your kitchen refurbishment! With DIY Homefit’s competitive prices and caring service you will be all ready for summer before you know it!