Clever upcycling ideas for DIY kitchen units from DIY Homefit
This summer why not put the long light evenings to good use and get on with some upcycling?
As regular readers will know, here at DIY Homefit we love our upcycling! What’s not to love? Here are just a few great reasons to upcycle:
- With the global population expected to reach 9 billion by 2050, it is time for us all to play our part in protecting and reusing the planet’s resources: resources which are bound to become scarcer over the years
- Upcycling puts recycled goods to use again. When repurposed for something else, they seem new to us and give us the feelgood factor of creating an upcycled product.
- Upcycling is becoming easier with more bespoke materials available: for example chalk paints that minimise the need for preparation and help you to achieve amazing results
- Upcycling helps us to stand out from the crowd and enjoy quality second hand items of furniture rather than mass-produced, less durable pieces.
So we thought it would be good to take a look back at some of the most popular upcycling projects that we have featured on these pages over the last year or two. All are simple, and use products that you may well already have in your home: for example if you have recently installed diy kitchen units then why not put your old ones to good use by upcycling them?
We have focussed mostly on the garden this time, so are featuring:
- A corner porch planter
- Container gardening
- Pet bedding (ok not the garden but we couldn’t resist this one!)
- Garden table and drinks cooler
|Corner Porch Planter
We love this pretty and practical corner porch planter from My Love 2 Create
Simply paint old DIY kitchen units or drawers with weatherproof wood paint in any colour of your choice. Then fill with an array of colourful plants for a wonderfully decorative garden.
If you have slightly too many cats – and are worried about your reputation – here’s the ideal solution. Old kitchen drawers can be fixed to the wall and make the perfect night time dwelling for your pampered pets!
|Garden table and drinks coolers
How about this patio table with two built in drinks coolers! All you need is wood for the table itself then removable planter boxes to use as the coolers. Perfect for the hopefully gorgeous summer of 2018
Why not give one of the above a try and let us know how you get on? We will feature upcycling again soon and would love to hear from you!